- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | May 10Imagine scores of butterflies fluttering about your hands and face. You’re heading toward Iguazú Falls in Argentina, the waterfalls that are four times as wide as Niagara - and a candidate for the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Apr 28Located on a desert coast overlooking the Pacific, Lima, Peru was recently designated the "Gastronomic Capital of the Americas." Small wonder that more and more LGBT travelers are eating their way through Lima. Check out the photos!
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Apr 28For too long, visitors to Peru have landed in Lima, the country’s capital and largest city - and headed directly to Cuzco or Machu Picchu. Now, more and more LGBT travelers are discovering the charms and wonders of Lima, "City of Kings."
- Apr 21Located almost 7,000 miles from New York, Rapa Nui (or Easter Island) is often considered the most remote island on the planet - but LAN Airlines recently inaugurated its new Lima-Easter Island service, making this mystical island more accessible.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Apr 21Easter Island (known as Rapa Nui to the locals) has yet to experience explosive tourist growth and has, instead, maintained its remoteness and mystique in a world that grows ever more connected (and crowded) with every travel posting.
- By Mark Thompson and Robert Doyle | Jun 8The airport is in France - but your ticket says Switzerland - and the official language is German. Carmen Sandiego, where are we now? Located on the river Rhine, where the borders of Switzerland, France, and Germany meet, Basel is a nexus of culture.
- By Michael Warren | Aug 15Argentine President Cristina Fernandez got half the votes against a divided opposition in Sunday’s primary, giving her re-election campaign a feeling of invincibility.
- Sep 7Ecoventura’s environmentally friendly fleet of small expedition vessels in the Galapagos allows guests of this visionary small-ship travel company to experience the Galapagos from as many land and water perspectives as possible.
- By Joel Martens | Sep 18I was fascinated by my friend’s description of his native Brazil, specifically the city of São Paulo where he grew up. He talked glowingly of the gay culture and the massive Gay Pride celebration that occurs annually-one of the largest in the world.
- Sep 20Set on nearly 100 acres along the shores of the Señoret Channel in Southern Chile, the 57-room soon to be LEED-certified Singular Patagonia, resurrected by fourth generation relatives of the plant’s founders, pays homage to the factory’s thriving past.
- Jan 1LAN’s new LGBT microsite features a host of information and resources for the prospective traveler to South America. It includes detailed descriptions of key South American destinations with information of interest to gay and lesbian travelers.
- Jan 17Absolute Travel has been circling the globe for years to find the most welcoming destinations and properties for gay travelers. Their top picks - Argentina and South Africa - have already recognized same-sex marriage.
- By Joey Amato | Feb 29When I first received an invitation to visit Argentina, I really didn’t know what to expect. It’s seemingly always been overshadowed in the media by neighboring Brazil, so I really had to do my research to see exactly what I was going to experience.
Rush @ Club Cafe :: Saturday, October 18, 2014It was another packed night at Rush @ Club Cafe this past Saturday. Here are the pics...
Monster's Ball @ The Museum Of Science And Industry :: October 18, 2014What a great time it was at the 38th annual "All Hallows Masquerade Ball" at the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa. There were over 2000 attendees and some amazing costumes. Check out the photos.
2014 Aspen Gay Ski Week HRC Benefit @ The Caribou Club :: January 15, 2014Aspen's premier private night club and restaurant welcomed Gay Ski Week attendees for an evening of dancing and cocktails. This event is in partnership with the Colorado division of HRC and the HRC Federal Club. Check out the photos.
Talking 'Pride' with Director Matthew Warchus
Fiddlehead Presents 'Aida' with the AIDS Action Committee
PopUps: Shonda Rhimes Destroys Twitter User Complaining About Gay Sex Scenes
Wyoming Becomes Latest to Legalize Gay Marriage
Zeitgeisting TV: 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'; Episode 2
Federal Court Strikes Down Arizona Ban on Gay Marriage